To compile firmware from source, refer to the developer guide. You can use odrivetool to back up and restore device configurations or transfer the configuration of one ODrive to another one.
When finished, we should have a confirmation message informing us that the build was a success. In my case, I am using a BIGTREETEECH board, where mine is identified as ‘STM32F103RC_btt_maple’. PlatformIO is a cross-platform, cross-architecture, multi-framework IDE for developing embedded systems.
Hex editors can be used to modify existing hex files or to create new hex files from scratch. Hex editors are used to view and edit the underlying code of files.
- Locate this file and click on “Open” to begin the updating process.
- As our experience in 3D printing grows with the passage of time, we may also get courageous enough to start tinkering with our hardware, install updates or set other start and end G-Code snippets.
- This reflects the current state of the development branch of the ArduPilot code.
- An open source gamemode for the open source mod Multi-Theft Auto.
- Finally, the BIOS connects to the bootloader program, which wakes up the computer’s operating system download the stock firmware and loads it in the RAM.
Like RepRap, Repetier also has a web-based configuration tool so you can make modifications to the firmware with ease and comfort. There’s also a slicer from the developer of Repetier called Repetier-Host. Edit Marlin/Configuration.h and set your board using #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_MYBOARDNAME. All available board names are listed in Marlin/src/core/boards.h. All board identifiers begin with BOARD_ so don’t forget to include “BOARD_” in the name. You can download the latest Marlin source code from the Downloads page. Older versions and detailed Release Notes can be downloaded from the Marlin Releases page on GitHub.